My Excel Support and Resources page has received a lot of attention. As a result, I have been getting a lot of email recently asking me to start a Small Business Help page. Filled with Consultants, Tools, Youtube Channels, Magazines, Forums, etc.
Well… I think I am up for the task. And quite honestly, you deserve this from me. I can’t run a site called “Small Business Champion” without giving you Small Business Resources.
When I first started the Excel Help page, it only had 10 entries. So this list will evolve substantially over the coming weeks.
These SuperSites have a lot to offer. They will typically offer articles, in a magazine format. Likely also a radio show, a forum, videos, etc.. Basically, these sites have a lot to offer.
- Entrepreneur – This is a Magazine Style site that has a Video Section, a Question/Answer Section, and articles/listings for everything from Business Plans to Freanchise Opportunities
- Startup Nation – The site has a Radio program… so tune in. It also has articles on everything from Funding your business to growing your business. It also boasts a healthy forum so that you can interact with other entrepreneurs.
- Small Business Trends – This is a large site. According to the site it is an award-winning online publication for small business owners, entrepreneurs and the people who interact with them. It is one of the most popular independent small business publications on the web.
- Seth Godin’s Blog – Author, Blogger, Marketer and Entrepreneurial Cheerleader. Nuggets of wisdom in bit-size chunks. No filler.
This starter list of Entrepreneurial Channels was lifted from an article by the Young Entrepreneurial Council on The Huffington Post. Please let me know if there are other Channels that you have found to to useful.
- This Week in Startups – Jason Calacanis gives entertaining opinions for those in business and technology
- The Rise to the Top – Host David Siteman Garland says the Channel is all about helping you grow your online audience, create awesome content and make the bling bling (in a non sketchy way).
- Social Triggers – Derek Halpern is your host. And all the videos are exactly on topic for an entrepreneur. Titles like “The one question you must ask every new customer” and “Discounting is for Dummies. Here’s why and what to do instead”.
- Marie TV – Create the Business and Life you Love. Marie is also into personal development, but has entrepreneurial titles like “When to Close a Business” and “How to Protect Yourself from Clients who Refuse to Pay.”
- Ask Jay – Jay Adelsen, the founder of DIGG, shares tips and tricks for starting a business.
Sites for Young Entrpreneurs
- The “Young Entrepreneur” Section of Entrpreneur Online Magazine – This site is good for 2-5 articles a month in the Young Entrepeneurs Section.
- SmallBusinessForum.org – This forum is primarily for small business owners with questions. Every topic having to do with starting a business is covered here.
- Small Business Forum.net – This is a fairly active community. As I am typing this, there are 88 users online.
- Small Business Brief Forum – 25k Threads. Thats a lot of reading to catch up on.
- Home Business Online – Focusing on the Home Business entrepreneur. 30k posts and counting.
So… What did I miss?
Do you have a favorite blog or Youtube Channel that is targeted for Entrepreneurs? How about tools or calculators that are targeted for Business Founders?
If so… Share it in the comments below. Unless you are trying to sell my readers life insurance (you know who you are 🙂 ) I WILL APPROVE YOUR COMMENTS.
Also… Feel free to hit one of the social sharing buttons down below so that you colleagues can bookmark this too.
Until Next time.
Be A Champion